Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Last day at Lane Bryant

Yesterday was my last day working at Lane Bryant.  It was a sad day... a lot went on there that I didn't like dealing with, such as on-call shifts, pushing credit, slacking sales leaders, low pay and scattered minimal hours but despite all that, it really has been my favorite job so far.

One good thing that happened on my last day was I worked with someone, who, I think was my favorite customer to work with at the store.  She came in kinda unsure what she was looking for, but she had a good-bye party her friends and colleagues were throwing her because she was moving to San Diego.  She was looking for an outfit that wasn't too casual, but wasn't extremely formal either.

She ended up buying a dress that looked terrific on her especially after fitting her for a bra, and putting her in a pair of Spanx!  With this one customer, I had the privilege of doing everything that I loved about working at Lane Bryant!  I got to put her in an awesome looking outfit, fit her for a bra, and add the finishing touches of Spanx and other accessories, all while seeing her looks of surprise, and her confidence and excitement grow as we added each piece!


Experiences like these were incredibly rewarding.  I can't tell you how many times a guest would come in unsure of what she wants and even doubting she'll find something she really likes, and when we're done with her, she's more confident in herself, she's more excited about the event, and she's incredibly grateful that some thoughtful associates took the time to listen to her needs and help her out.

Lane Bryant certainly had it's faults, but what job doesn't?  I'm going to miss working there and hope that my new job is 1/2 as enjoyable and rewarding as my last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment