Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A lesson in patience

A lot's been going on these past two weeks with the influx of school and all that comes with it... homework... schoolwork... drama... meetings... and so on.  As I was sitting through my first few days of classes, I realized how stressful this semester will be.  Especially since I will be trying not to be so lackadaisical about my work, but actually strive for excellence.  This semester would be stressful just doing the minimum, but actually doing my best is going to be extremely difficult.

The situation with my roommates seems to be improving... kinda.  I don't think I've really written much about my roommies on here, but suffice to say that the relationship with them is complex.  There's almost always drama of some sort going on, which is one of the reasons last year was so difficult.  One thing I am going to try to do differently is that, when something bothers me, to talk about it.  To get it out in the open as soon as possible and not let it fester for days/weeks/month's sometimes.  Hopefully that will help things.

Last Sunday I started helping out with the sound team at Revo.  It was kinda scary, I felt like a little kid playing with very big, very EXPENSIVE toys that could easily break.  It turned out okay though.  There were a few people who knew what they were doing, so that helped out a lot.  I think it'll be a good experience.

There is one thing that has stuck out in my mind as far as things I've learned over the past week(ish), and that is patience.  I think that God is working through the fruits of the spirit with me, found in Galatians 5.  Over the summer, he taught me about love.  Loving others, loving Him, loving myself, then, with that love, I learned about joy, and also, the peace that comes with walking with God.  Now, He's working with me on patience.  This is the hardest one yet.  The other day, however, I had an epiphany, that is that patience is not necessarily waiting for God, or someone else to do something, but it is trusting God, that He knows what He's doing, and that He has the best interests for me in mind.  That's a big lesson, and a painfully obvious one, you'd think.  I don't necessarily think that I'll get through all the fruits of the spirit, or that if I do, I'll never struggle with them again, but I'm glad that God is doing what He's doing.

Well, I think that's it for now.  Let me know how I can be praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment