Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Quick update...

So, there've been several things that have happened since my last update, and at the moment I cannot recall all of them. Even if I did, I don't think I would be able to sufficiently express everything that's going on as I only have about 15 minutes before I need to go.

In a nutshell, two of my really good friends got married this weekend! It was a really emotional wedding, but it was good because I got to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in a long time.

A friend and I are going to started to devotions together in an attempt to help each other, build each other up, and give each other some insight and thoughts that by ourselves, we would not have been able to come up with. To start, we are going to try to study the Old Testament in more depth in order to put the New Testament in context. We have both grown up in the church and are very familiar with the NT, and for me at least, the NT gets really old when you hear the same passage over and over and over and over again, so I really think that by being more knowledgeable with the OT, it will make the NT come alive again! I'm excited about it, and I think my friend is too!

Another friend of mine has introduced me to the world of the Heorot(sp?), which is a bar downtown, but not a club-ish bar. It's really fun, and I'm enjoying it so far!

Well, I think that will suffice for now. I'll try to get back on and update further, and give the anecdote's a fuller context and better explain the story, but knowing how I blog, I can't guarantee anything! Let me know if there's anything you need prayer for!

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment