Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Prayer-Yes, I'm still wrestling with it.

So, I've blogged on this topic before, and I've really nothing new to say guess, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

I wrote this at church this morning during the alter-call.

-------------

I see and read about the importance and power of prayer all the time, I've experienced the power of prayer, but I still continue to doubt it. What I keep coming back to is this: God is sovereign; nothing I say or do will change what He's going to do, so what's the point of prayer other than conversing? (How ever that may happen...) I can understand the point of telling God of your troubles for the sake of giving it over to Him and be at peace, but as far as intercession, or personal intervention, does it really make a difference?


First: God is sovereign - He can do whatever he wants, for whatever reason He chooses.
Second: God is Holy - He can (will?) do nothing wrong.
Third: God is just.
Fourth: God is love.

With these things in mind: What is the point of prayer?

-------------

Note, when asking the questions above, I'm not talking about prayer that is focused on praising, or worshiping God, I'm talking about lifting up specific prayer requests pertaining to our individual lives or the lives of those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment